There are many reasons why we might want to get our feet over our heads: inversions support the endocrine, nervous and circulatory systems; relieve pressure on our joints; support the health of internal organs, particularly our digestive system, and can offer a fresh perspective and outlook on life.
Often though, given the nature of group classes and our own fears of going upside down we don’t know how to safely and effectively reap these benefits.
In this workshop we will explore:
- neck alignment in headstand
- shoulder alignment in shoulder stand
- the steps towards gracefully floating up into the poses
- how to do a “headless headstand” when you want an inversion without weight on your head
- how to properly energize your neck and upper body to protect your spine
- fun variations to play with once you have mastered the basics
- how to properly warm up and cool down from the postures
Saturday, February 4th, 2-4pm
$25 before January 30th
$30 after January 30th
*Note: This workshop is open to beginners and to all who wish to improve their inversions. Anyone suffering from injury to the cervical spine or any other condition which may be contraindicative to a headstand practice should consult with their physician prior to attending the workshop.