What is acupuncture?
Acupuncture is a safe and effective holistic medicine backed by more than two thousand years of practice and research. It is practiced worldwide both as a primary and adjunctive treatment for a wide range of health concerns or simply boosting the body’s vitality.
Acupuncture is the art of inserting fine, sterile metal needles into designated points on the skin, or ear, which correspond to internal body functions. Energy or Qi (pronounced CHI) moves throughout the body and in a normal state, balance, harmony and vitality are present. When the vital energy becomes blocked, too weak, or stagnant disease results. Through the stimulation of specific acupuncture points, the body’s Qi or vital energy readjusts itself in order to allow the body to heal. The physical effects of acupuncture are felt as deep relaxation, stress relief, decrease in pain, increased energy and immunity, and normal sleep patterns. Mentally and emotionally, it helps you feel clear, alert, calm and focused.
What Conditions does Acupuncture treat?
Traditional Chinese Medicine is a powerful tool to promote optimal health and well-being, some of the more commonly treated conditions are
- Pain Management
- Aches and stiffness in joints, neck and shoulder pain, back pain, sciatica, arthritis and carpal tunnel, headaches, migraines.
- Mental/Emotional Health
- Depression, anxiety and insomnia. Generally, it is also very effective at lowering stress levels.
- Women’s Health Issues
- PMS, amenorrhea, irregular menstruation, pre- and post-menopausal symptoms, fertility.
- Asthma, allergy symptoms, common cold, flu, bronchitis viral infections.
- Diarrhea, constipation, gastric reflux, nausea & bloating, parasites, IBS, Crohn’s disease, colitis, food allergies, GERD, Celiac, Candida, weight gain etc….
- 1 hr Treatment • $75
- 1.5 hr Treatment • $100
- Initial Treatment 1.5 hrs • $100
“I woke up and felt so much better, I wondered what it was that I did or ate the day before that was different, and then I remembered, acupuncture with Suzi! What a difference…” – Susan
Suzi completed the Master’s program at the American College of Traditional Chinese Medicine in 2004. She is a Diplomat with the National Certification Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine and is licensed to practice acupuncture in the states of California and Massachusetts. Suzi studied under the apprenticeship of Robert Levine, acupuncturist and herbalist in Berkeley for 2 years while attending her studies at ACTCM. Currently, Suzi has a private practice in Concord, CA and volunteers her acupuncture and herbal services at Charlotte Maxwell Complimentary Clinic in Oakland working with women and cancer.